Navigation/Menü: Links auf weitere Seiten dieser Website
All members of the Freie Universität Berlin are eligible to publish their electronic documents on the document server. Students require a written recommendation from their tutor.
The Universitätsbibliothek undertakes to archive documents on a long-term basis and index them so that they are retrievable via catalogues and search engines.
For details about submission procedure see: Instructions for Authors
Advantages of Depositing a Work on the Institutional Repository of the FU
- Publication is fast and free of charge.
- Open access contributions can be accessed worldwide via the Internet.
- The documents will be recorded in the "System zur Erfassung von Publikationen (SEP)" or in the Universitätsbibliographie, monographs are also entered in the FU catalogue.
- Quality assurance (formats, standards, indexing).
- Guaranteed availability, data protection, and long-term archiving (at least 5 years).
- Documents can be easily discovered and located, and thus cited, through the allocation of an uniform resource locator (CIP data is forwarded to the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek).
- Digital signatures provide authentication of the document.
- Authors retain the right to use their work as well as publish it elsewhere.
- If you publish your dissertation on the Institutional Repository you need to submit fewer printed and bound copies.
The Freie Universität Berlin is a signatory of the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities and thus endorses global open access to sources of human knowledge and cultural heritage.
More information about Open Access can be found at www.open-access.net.